Friday, December 17, 2004

Bare Necessities - Baloo (The Jungle Book)

Hakuna Matata, Baby.

"So don’t spend your time lookin' around
For something you want that can't be found.
When you find out you can live without it and
Go along not thinkin' about it.
I'll tell you somethin' true.
The bare necessities of life will come to you."

I had this song stuck in my head for an entire week before I let it escape to this mix. I used it as a crutch, an artificial support system, trying to support myself in all my emotional gravity. This song is just damn uplifting, plus music of this type could make a scarecrow dance. It's just perfect, especially as a follow-up to the weighty and slow "Pale Blue Eyes".
It's almost as if the reluctant, shy smile of "Pale Blue Eyes" breaks out into a full smile, song and dance in "Bare Necessities". Enjoy this one. That's what it's here for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home