Friday, December 17, 2004

Bells Ring - Mazzy Star

Ecstacy

"Hold your hands out towards the water
In front of me to know I'm with you.
Don't put it all into your hero.
Look on if you believe.
Look on if you believe.
Don't want to say that I'm through with it.
Just want to be right by your side.
Right by your side."


The lyrical meaning of this song is questionable, because I could only ever make out parts of Mazzy's sentences. Now that I look up the words, they seem perfectly appropriate, but I was unaware of words other than "Hold you hands out towards the water...."
In my mind, this song is here for tone. It has a slow, slogging feeling that should follow the realizations and admissions buried within "Talking Shit..." I label it, above, as "Ecstacy", because it feels like blurry, swishy, soft euphoria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home