Friday, December 17, 2004

Happy Christmas - John Lennon And Yoko Ono

Christmas In December, This Time

"And so this is Christmas,
And what have you done?
Another year over,
And a new one just begun."


The history here is that I used this song on As American, which was made in August 2003. It belongs there, but it belongs here for a different reason.

This song plays into my perpetual martyr complex, how I will never be satisfied with my life because I feel like the gift of life is too precious to ever repay my creator(s) for. What have I done? The answer is, always, nothing, but this song lends some beauty to even that knowledge. So I've done nothing, once again. The world continues, and there is yet another chance. Happiness exists in the world, and for that we should all be joyful. That's what I get out of this song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home