Friday, December 17, 2004

Let Me Go - CAKE

The thesis of the mix.

"When she walks she swings her arms, instead of her hips
When she talks, she moves her mouth, instead of her lips.
And I've waited for her for so long. I've waited for her for so long.
I've wondered if I could hang on. I wonder if I could hang on.
Let me go, she said,
Let me go, she said,
Let me go and I will want you more.
Let me go, let me go, let me go and I will want you."

Aside from obvious physical description of Bridget, the idea of “letting go” in the fashion described above is particularly pertinent to this mix; this, following History Part 2 by less than two weeks, is meant to psychologically undo the work that HP2 did (bringing thoughts of her, and our past, fully into my mind). The mantra, the repetition of "Let me go" is just another instance of me musically putting words in her mouth. The "she" mentioned in the song is a fictitious version of Bridget, encouraging me to let her go for the sake of a future relationship with her. Being that this is the thesis song, my attempt was to let go of the thought of her in the present by making this mix.

The interesting result is that I still do keep her in my mind, but repress those thoughts in our day to day conversations. This has caused only one brief confrontation in its three-week implementation; there should be no further problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home