Monday, October 24, 2005

Costume Week / The Fruitiest Loop

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I just lost the game, but it's worth it. Those of you who have been with us since before "Video Game Week" should know that the bad motherfucker you see above is the protagonist from my favorite game ever. When I was in the 3rd grade, my mother made me a Link costume out of green felt, some cardboard, and a Conan sword. I think only one guy understood who I was supposed to be, and everyone else guessed Robin Hood or Peter Pan, or someone else who prances around in green.

It's ironic that after all the mistakes that were made, I have been wholly unable to find either a Peter Pan or a Robin Hood costume. Honestly, I've had big trouble finding anything green that wasn't also a bizarre fairy dress. I might have considered the dress, actually, if I hadn't given up crossdressing years ago. The idea still appeals to me, but I'm too conspicuously male to crossdress without it being a lifestyle decision; in short, there's just too much hair for it to be even close to tasteful.

So, when I say that I'm going to dress as Link this weekend, I mean that I plan to, if I can get my act together and assemble something by Saturday. We can strike all the time between now and Wednesday night, because I'll be doing next week's homework until Bridget gets here. Perhaps that's something we can do; maybe picking up something eccentric for her to wear, as well. Once Carl and Katherine get here (between 2 and 3:30 AM Friday morning), we're pretty much in CAKE-mode until we wake up Saturday afternoon, which gives me a couple of hours to pull off any last second miracles.

I don't really feel like this costume is going to happen, but I bought a wooden sword just in case it does.


Anecdotally, Marina caught a whiff of something on my collar at lunch; she said I smelled like Fruit Loops, whereupon I fessed up to my affair with Toucan Sam. My confession, of course, begged the question..... who's the pitcher and who's the catcher?

I'm afraid that, with Sam, I have always been and will always be the catcher. With his prominant proboscus, how could it be any other way?

-Alan

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home