Friday, November 03, 2006

Puppy-logues

The Orlanski Family is proud to introduce two new additions : Opie and Andy.


Two young Westie Terriers, new to the world and too short to see most of it. I thought it might be a worthwhile venture to observe them in their interactions with their new environment, so I assigned my mother the task of writing brief "Puppy-logues" which I would post on the blog. This is the first.

Puppy-logue #1 - 11/3/06 By Speed Natzi
Warm and fuzzy, that's the feeling you conjure up when talking about puppies.  It happens to almost everyone.  And I was definitely feeling it despite the drive out to east f--k Gwinnett County, with a right somewhere outside of Chestnut Mountain.   Puppy power.  

Some few hours later, as one puppy headed for an electrical cord and the other pulled my book off the couch to use as a teether, I wondered how the hell I walked myself into this.  I had a flashback of watching my husband walk out the door for work as I stood, addle brained from lack of sleep, with a screaming 5 day old infant. Not too dissimilar at all.   

Some more few hours later, I had accomplished several important stepping stones to regaining sanity:
1) I got the puppies to come to me (or at least not run from me when trying to pick them up).  
2)They had both peed and poo'd outside multiple times. 
3) And most importantly, they had discovered that I ruled the food bowl.  

One point for the human.

-DLO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home