Friday, December 17, 2004

As American As Last Year, Track 1

Bluebird of Paradise - Mojave 3
"Gotta find a way to be back home.
Gotta find a way back home."

Wise Up - Aimee Mann
"It's not going to stop.
It's not going to stop.
It's not going to stop, till you wise up."

Displaced - Azure Ray
"And she's my friend of all friends.
She's still here when everyone's gone
She doesn't have to say a thing
We'll just keep laughing
All night long, All night long."

She Looks At Me - That Dog
"She’s showing me the place which is underneath my bed."

Passenger Seat - Death Cab For Cutie
"I roll the window down, and then begin to breathe...."


This is the first track from the Summer 2004 mix, As American As Last Year. When I collected these songs, I thought it was the best standalone set I've ever assembled, so I keep them together here. The weak link in the chain has always been the fourth song, "She Looks At Me" by a band I thought was Dressy Bessy. Apparently the song belongs to a group called That Dog, whose central member was a member of The Rentals! For this reason, I am now no longer so grumpy about "She Looks At Me" when it comes on.
For the meaning of these tracks, refer to the Mixology of As American As Last Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home