Friday, December 17, 2004

Good Vibrations (2004) - Brian Wilson

"And I wonder what she's pickin' up from me.
And I'm picking up...."

A few circumstancial reasons why I chose this song to begin this mix. To the best of my knowledge, it has never been on a Bridge mix.
1. It has a "time warp" feel to it, which is appropriate for the anthology.
2. I had just recently obtained the album SMiLE by Brian Wilson, on which is a revised version of the original Pet Sounds version.
3. It's an awesome song.
4. Though it doesn't occur in mix history, is does occur in history. I've told Bridget about this memory at least once, and the memory is just one of those that is lost, floating about, disconnected from other memories. I am very very tired, in the passenger seat of her car, and we are driving through the intersection of Clifton and Ponce (I think. FACT CHECK!). When I told her the story the first time, I remembered going in the direction of Decatur, away from Atlanta, though I couldn't remember where we were going. Now, as I remember it, I get the feeling we were turning left onto Clifton, coming from Decatur. I really can't remember, I've rewritten this one so many times. But anyway, I'm exhausted, and talking about "Good Vibrations" which is playing on the radio, about how creepy it sounds. I don't know why this memory sticks with me so strongly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home