Friday, September 23, 2005

Happily Engorged

On my way back to the room, after classes, I came across a pie-eating contest which was scrambling for contestants. I've felt, and been told by many, that I would probably fare well in eating contests; still, I have never taken part in one, officially. My mortal fear of vomiting, combined with my fear of inadequacy, kept me far away from pies, hot dogs, and other food-stuffs assembled in pyramids, just aching to be consumed.

I'm not sure what was different about today. I know I plan to drink tonight. I plan to be pretty sloppy, actually. Maybe that knowledge has me slightly less afraid of vomit. Or maybe I'm just particularly sure of myself lately. That could, easily, be it.

Well, whatever the difference, I got second place and a free t-shirt (ignoring, of course, the free cherry pie). To be honest, it was nice to have my face buried in cherry pie; it's been a while, if you know what I mean. I no longer recieve the same satisfaction from being just another cunning linguist, and I'm anxious to share my talents, instead of merely debating myself.

I'm sorry folks, the pie must be going to my head.

Which reminds me. There are treasures everywhere, and most of them are alcoholic, so let's go exploring!

-Alan

1 Comments:

Blogger mysti skye said...

another one which makes me laugh every time I read it

2 points

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home