Saturday, December 24, 2005

Three Days Of Numb

Though I had planned to wake up early on Thursday morning and drive down to Atlanta (in the bumbling, oil-burning Belinda), the changing shape of space-time convinced me that other courses of action were necessary. I packed Belinda and left St Louis as soon as I was done with my Psych exam (no intermediates. Belinda was parked outside the exam, pointing East). True to St Louis, it took me 40 minutes to get out of the city (two unexplained, horrific, road-obstructing accidents within two blocks of each other, and typical 4 PM I-64 traffic. I made it home by 1:45 am, whereupon Carl and I (and Carl's sister) went to the original Chic-fil-a Dwarf House. Carl attempted to make a photoessay of the journey, but I'm pretty sure he took three pictures and forgot to continue.

So it's been three days already, and I've lost track of time. Remembering that today is Saturday is about all I can manage. At some point, I'm expected to get my car inspected, as well as get a Crimmuh Eve movie at Blockbuster. Really all I want is to just sit here for a while. Oh well.

Every suite has to sign itself out before the last resident leaves. I figured that Alfonzo wasn't coming back to the suite, so I signed us out when I left to take my exam. We'll figure out what's going on with him next semester. I'm assuming we won't see each other over the break, considering my only reason for going out to the 'Ettas (Marietta and Alpharetta) is in Hanoi right now.

-Alan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home