Friday, December 17, 2004

End Of Year, Tracks 17-19

Only In Dreams - Weezer
"You can't avoid her. She's in the air.
In between molecules of oxygen and carbon monoxide."

Where Is My Mind? - The Pixies : Another Great Transition
"Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Way out in the water, see it swimming."

The Love I'm Searching For - The Rentals
"I don't think I'll find the love I want,
The love I'm searching for,
In this machine-o."

These tracks are #17, #18 and #19, with the same transitions, from End Of Year (December 2002). For some reason, when I made History Part 1, I neglected to include any of these three pivotal songs. Maybe I had some sort of reason for restraint back then that I have since forgotten. Either way, I'm glad I got to use them on this anthology.

I was listening to "Only In Dreams" when I realized that the drum fill in the middle of the song sounded almost exactly like one that starts "Where Is My Mind?" The transition between that and "The Love I’m Searching For" is less impressive, but the echoey, outer space feeling at the end of "Mind" matches the echoey, outer space feeling at the beginning of "Love". And "Love" really is important to this anthology, because it remains my anthem to this day. Expect to see it again, alongside "Rocketman"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home