Friday, December 17, 2004

False Advertisements - Bright Eyes

Instant Anthology #3

"On a string, on a string, on a string."

The last of the three "Instant Anthology" tracks. It follows "Strings That Tie To You" in exactly the same fashion here as it did on Bridget/Green, only I used my crossfading to make them closer together in this version. The last line of Brion's song goes "With strings that tie to you" and Bright Eyes comes in almost immediately with "On a string, on a string, on a string..." The segway is cute; definitely not up to snuff with "Sigur 1b" to "Green Grass of Tunnel", but still memorable.
A friend of mine told me her emo friend bet her she couldn't listen to a whole Bright Eyes albums without crying. My friend won the bet. Emo people are a little weird sometimes.
I investigated Bright Eyes after rediscovering "June On The East Coast" off of Bridget's Days Turn Into Months. The next time I was in a music store, I bought Lifted, which contains "False Advertisements." Not much personal meaning to me, though. Lots of angst, lines about being on stage, people watching for mistakes. Typical teen melodrama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home