Friday, December 17, 2004

Fuck And Run - Liz Phair

The Ultimate Track #2

"I can feel it in my bones.
I'm gonna spend the whole year alone.
It's Fuck and run, fuck and run.
Even when I was seventeen..."

This is track 2 from And Then I Washed My Hands Away (Feb. Friday the 13th, 2004).
That mix was a pretty dark one, and this song definitely contributed to that darkness. When I put it in History Part 2, I did so because "It is the ultimate second track." Track 1 is a dream, and Track 2 opens with Liz Phair stumbling out of bed, disoriented and disillusioned. If we ignore "Good Vibrations" and count the five tracks in between as one solid, then "Fuck And Run" functions as the second track in this mix, though it's kinda a stretch. Even so, AsAAsLY is a dream compared to the present, so the song still functions well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home