Friday, December 17, 2004

Please Let That Be You (Live) - The Rentals

The Great Motivator

"Empty, everything's technical.
Sterile and endless.
Inside, a malfunction.
Observe and obsess."

Stolen from And Then I Washed My Hands Away (Feb 13th 2004).
Where "The Love I’m Searching For" is my anthem, this song is my motivator. I loved the song when I heard it on Return Of The Rentals, then discovered the live version online in November 2003. The live version's drummer adds a sense of momentum and grassroots-ness to the song that I find particularly empowering. I put this next to "Love" so I could keep my Rentals in order.
NOTE : When I heard the live version, I was in a mix-making drought, so I kept it a secret from Bridget all through November, December, January, and half of February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home