Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Scheduled For Termination

Today, while working in the lab, I overheard a conversation about a very angry rat: Rat #85.

"He's just terrible, isn't he? Sometimes I just don't handle him. He hisses, and his hair stands on end."

"Oh, we'll have to call animal card and have him destroyed."

"Yeah."

This is the first euthanasia of an animal that I've known about before it happened. It happened once, last semester, but I only found out when the bird disappeared. "Oh yeah, she injured her foot and we had to put her down." But this is the first time it was a rat, as well. And I had to look at him, knowing his fate but with no way of telling him.

I'm not too torn up about it, though. He really was a bastard. Rat.... bastard.

In other news.... there is no other news.

-Alan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha! rat bastard!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home