Friday, February 10, 2006

News From The Front Lines

It's been a while since I posted from a computer that wasn't in my room. I used to have so much more to say (not to mention, so much more idle time during the day), I guess.

Anyway, the news of the morning is that I am now, officially, a full-fledged KWUR DJ. I did my first show this morning (too early for the sane to listen, but thanks to Bridget and Mom for tuning in), and I think it went well. I am aggravated by the slight pauses and seconds of dead air I amassed, but the girl who came in after me had about 2 minutes of nothing while we tried to figure out how to hook her iPod to the sound board. I made a CD, complete with crossfades in groups of three songs, and that seems to be the most stable way of putting on a show.

Playlist :
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright (Demo) - Bob Dylan
You Won't See Me - Dar Williams
The Greatest - Cat Power
You Can Get It If You Really Want - Jimmy Cliff
Subterranean Homesick Alien - Radiohead
Temporary Remedy - Ben Harper
Testing 1, 2, 3 - Barenaked Ladies
green grass of tunnel - Múm
The Long Ride - Dick Dale
Los Pasillos De Tia Conga - Conjunto Cespedes
Aqueous Transmission - Incubus
Excuse Me - Peter Gabriel
Trip To Poughkeepsie - Chris Koza
Get What It's About - Jon Brion
Mahna Mahna - CAKE

Overall, a nice, diverse selection. I'm hoping to have more of a narrative thread in the future, but I just wanted to show off all the different music I listen to.

Le sigh, though. They misprinted my name on the show schedule.

-Alan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home