Monday, December 20, 2004

She Looks At Me - That Dog

Petra Strikes Gold

"She looks at me, oh so pretty.
Touching me with her smiling white teeth.
She's showing me the place
Where everything is heard and said.
She's showing me the place which is underneath my bed."

This song choreographs my dance of dismay and frustration; it has slightly beautiful, yet slightly discordant harmonizing voices, placed over grinding punk-grunge guitar. I just want to start kicking over trashcans and screaming when I hear it. I remember being disappointed with this song when I put it in; for symmetry, I needed 5 songs in the first track of the mix, but the four beside this one were just so perfect together that I almost couldn't bear to put this one in. I don't like it very much, and I never have, and I think that's because it is an ugly look at an ugly feeling. I try, too often, to approximate my emotions in song, and I usually pick things that sound a bit nicer than this. The face that this song fits so perfectly with how I feel/felt is probably what's so frustrating! I don't want this song to be in me, but it is a more accurate reflection than much of this mix. Well, fuck it and enjoy the rest. Just know the truth : This is an incredibly cinematic mix, by which I mean it is the movie version of my life. This song is not in the movie version of my life, but rather the real version. Fuck it. Move on. "Passenger Seat"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home