Monday, December 20, 2004

Across The Universe - Fiona Apple

Redemption At Last?

"Nothin's gonna change my world.
Nothin's gonna change my world.
Nothin's gonna change my world.
Nothin's gonna change my world."

Finally a song that doesn't divide us! "Across The Universe" first appeared in the early mixes, put there out of the knowledge that Bridget likes this song. I believe I've used both versions by the Beatles (Let It Be version, and Anthology 3 version) and I can't remember if I used the live cover by Rufus Wainwright, Moby, and Sean Lennon. This particular version comes from the very end of Pleasantville. I think the suggestion here is that some things never change, which, in this case, is supposed to be a good thing. I think I meant that, ultimately, I might change (hopefully for the better) but the conditions of my life would remain the same, over time (we will be together in the future). This song is probably the first BELAJO moment in this mix (though BELAJO is being retroactively applied here).

1 Comments:

Blogger mysti skye said...

tis a good song, no doubt

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home