Monday, December 20, 2004

Bam Thwok - The Pixies

Brand New

"I can hear the buzzing modulations of the universe
but you're the first to make me feel it."

I picked this song because it's the first new song released by The Pixies in over a decade, but also because its full of love and hum.... Hum is the word for it, honestly. You'll just have to decipher what I mean by that. "Love, bang....bam thwok" I'm totally stoked that Kim Deal gets the lead voice in this song, too, and if I had to guess, I'd say she wrote most of the words (a little too abstract, even for Francis).
I guess the message here is something akin to : "My love for you is like a monster guitar solo, with like flange and all sorts of distortion an' shit." I definitely feel like a burnout kid from the 80's sometimes. (Did he just say "making fuck?")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home