Monday, December 20, 2004

Blister In The Sun - The Violent Femmes

There We Go

"Let me go on,
Like a blister in the sun.
Let me go on.
Big hands, I know you're the one."

I listened to this track before I started writing, kind of a way of preempting whatever emotional reaction I might have to the songs. As it turns out, it was a good response, and I think I better understand the rest of this mix. I'll get to that, though.
The message of this song is simple : I make mistakes, and I want to make another, so let me make it. I'll fry myself, and I need to.
In my imagination, my dramatic version of life, I realize that leaving Bridget is a mistake in the very last moments before it happens (or rather, in the last 3 seconds before the spaceship explodes, sending us spiraling down to opposite polar stars, but that's neither here nor there). I still think this mistake that I'm making is a necessary one, and there's a little bit of that in "Blister in the Sun". It's totally a song that rejoices in its vices, and I'm trying to be a person who does the same.
On a historical note, this song is also from Grosse Pointe Blank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home