Monday, December 20, 2004

Bluebird Of Happiness (Pt.3) - Mojave 3

Found My Way Home.

"Gotta find a way to get back home.
Gotta find a way back home."

There's something going on in this mix. In Scrote, I intentionally structed the mix in such a way that it started from a familiar and stable place, wandered (then dove headlong) into instability and insecurity, then found its way back to stability and comfort. This mix seems to be doing the same thing, though I didn't intend for it to.
The lyric from "Bluebird Pt.2", "Never wanted to feel this way," echoes in the background of this final portion of “Bluebird”. I just noticed that, not having heard it when I was making the mix. I think the sentiment of that line is more successful in this context; the first time around, it was too pronounced, too proud. This time, in the background, it feels like "No, honestly, I really don't like feeling this way," more like a whimper or a plea than a statement.

This song concludes the first three sections of As American As Last Year. I know that the final track, the appendix, is something completely different from the first three. I don't know what it will be, though, and I'm almost afraid to investigate it. Well, here goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home