Monday, December 20, 2004

Glad And Sorry - The Faces

Conclusion

"Glad and sorry.
Happy or sad.
When all is done and spoken,
You're up or I'm down."

This mix didn't really have a thesis (except maybe "Wise Up") but this song is definitely the conclusion. It sums up everything I've been struggling to say about this mix; "Glad and sorry. Happy or sad." I was glad we were breaking up, and perhaps even preemptively bitter. At the same time, though, I didn't want to go through with it. At times I was happy with the choice, and other times I was sad. Lately, I've managed to be Happy AND Sad, which is a definite improvement over my place in the Summer. I think the confusion seen in this mix is a result of me juggling "Glad" and "Sorry". I didn't really understand that until I made it to this song. Now it all makes sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home