Monday, December 20, 2004

Go On Ahead - Liz Phair

"Don't Mind Me"

"You go on ahead, Honey.
You have a good time there.
You make me feel funny.
I'm no ordinary lover or a friend."

"I believe when I sleep you are near to me.
When you sleep, I am near to you."

This is another case of me putting words in Bridget's mouth, though, at the same time, it isn't. I wished, with this song, to have Bridget wish me well and send me on my way. Simultaneously, I wanted to wish her well and send her on her way. Above both of those messages, I wanted to suggest some hint of future domestic life together. It was this song that first got me interested in thoughts of marriage and life with Bridget. I can't escape the idea, now. It also hints at relationship problems, persistent but manageable. I like this.... I'm starting to like this mix again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home