Monday, December 20, 2004

Live And Let Die - Guns 'n' Roses

You Gonna Hurt Me, Frank? Burn Me!

"When you were young and your heart was an open book,
They used to say 'live and let live.'
But if this everchanging world in which we live in
Makes you give in and cry
Say 'live and let die.'"

I'm going for the cutthroat feel in this song, something in the vein of approximating my attitude again. I am also referencing, obscurely, the film Gross Pointe Blanke, which we watched together during the summer (this particular version of the song is in that film. Originally by Paul McCartney and Wings). If there is any message that I think Bridget should have taken from this song, in its original context, I hope it was"Fuck the bastard. Do to him as he does to me." That's really what I'm hoping she took away from this whole mix. I see what the problem with this mix is, now : It is completely greedy. I am making points in this mix that are entirely self-serving, which leaves them open for the opposite interpretation (her taking them for herself, reversing my meanings to her benefit). This whole mix just widens the gap between us. UGLY! UGLY! KILL IT! Destroy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home