Monday, December 20, 2004

Soldier Girl - The Polyphonic Spree

This Is Becoming An Exercise In Futility

"I found my soldier girl.
She's so far away.
She makes my head spin around."

If you can't tell, I'm becoming very tired of this mix. I would stop, like I did two days ago, but I know that it isn't simply that I'm tired of writing, but rather something is very wrong with this mix. I'm very disillusioned with it right now. This song has only three lines, and I listed them above. I guess the notions I was going for is that Bridget is the soldier girl, which is a suggestion of her fortitude (her almost ridiculous acceptance of the shit I put her through). She's so far away, a reference either to the distance between us (Me on vacation, her at home), the distance between us (Me in St. Louis, she in St. Paul), or the distance between us (an emotional estrangement regarding the impending end of the relationship). These sentiments are nice, but feeble in this instance. I wish I could've meant them a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home