Monday, December 20, 2004

Vicious World - Rufus Wainwright

Discord

"Oh Lord, what have I done to myself?
What have I done to myself,
In this vicious world?"

I played this song on the way to school the morning after I shaved all my hair off. That choice (the shaving, not playing the song) is really representative of this mix. All the songs I'm struggling with are analogous to the shaving of my head. Bridget told me, when I proposed the shaving to her, that she would prefer that I didn't shave my hair off, but that she wouldn't tell me not to. Whatever it was in me that decided to do it anyway is also responsible for "Love The One You're With" and some of the other atrocities on this mix. That part of me did things that I knew wouldn't please Bridget, but also wouldn't make her leave me. I can't explain this temptation.... It's awful, for both of us (more for her).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home